Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Day Seventy-one--Pasta with Leeks and White Beans

I'm going to try to get this posted before I lose all sense of putting words together. I'm sure next week I'm going to go through these posts and find all kind of grammatical errors and trains of thought that make no sense. I might fix them. I might not.

When I made the menu up last week I completely forgot that the kids would be in camp and that I would be volunteering at said camp. Tonight was a pasta meal. I usually make my own pasta. I kind of wimped out tonight. When we were done with camp we ran to the store and I picked up a box of spaghetti. The pasta was supposed to be fettuccine but I couldn't find organic fettuccine. It all worked out in the end.

Tonight's dinner:
Pasta with Leeks and White Beans
Pasta with Leeks and White beans

I was kind of dreading getting started with this meal, but it actually came together fairly easily. I cut up the leeks and soaked them in water to clean them and then sliced them up. I threw them in a hot pan with olive oil in it. The leeks cooked with some salt and pepper until soft. Then I put in some chicken broth and some cannelloni beans with some dried sage. At this point I took a potato masher and smooshed (good technical term, right?) most of the beans to make the sauce thicker. This cooked for a while and then I put in some lemon juice, some half n half (was supposed to be heavy cream, but I didn't have any) and some fresh grated Parmesan cheese. At this point the sauce was getting nice and creamy and smelling delicious. When the sauce was all done, I drained my spaghetti and put it into the sauce. Dinner is served.

This ended up being a really good dinner. All four of us liked it and I have a lot of it left over. I think that is all I have for now. I hope that this is readable and understandable. If not, I'll fix it later. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment