Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Day Fifty-six--Greek Salad

I'm back! I'm late in writing, but I'm back. We got home late Sunday night and yesterday I just didn't have a chance to get to the computer. The weekend was a lot of fun. It was nice to get away and not have to think about anything that needed to be done. We went to a fair with Laurie and the boys each won prizes. We ate Renna's pizza. We watched Alice in Wonderland. It was a lot of fun.

We didn't eat the best while we were out. We caught fast food (ICK) on the way there on Friday night because I was not organized. It was interesting because while I ate it, I had serious issues with eating it this time. I almost didn't eat it but was feeling woozy and knew I needed to eat something. I kind of miss the days where diners were along the road and you had the chance to eat real food while traveling. We actually decided that next time we go over to see Laurie we are going to stay off the interstate and enjoy the back roads.

Yesterday I was able to get to the store and go food shopping for the first time in a couple of weeks. It's nice to have a menu planned out and everything I need ready to go. Last nights dinner was a much needed dinner and it tasted so good.

We had:
Greek Salad
Greek Salad

It was romaine lettuce, red onion, green pepper, kalamata olives, cucumber, tomato and feta cheese. Tim made the dressing while I was cutting up all the veggies. The dressing was awesome and we've elected Tim to the official post of salad dressing maker. The dressing was just olive oil, lemon juice, red wine vinegar, garlic and oregano.

The salad was perfect after a weekend of eating what we consider junk now. It's funny how my thinking has shifted with food. I was telling Tim that as good as Renna's pizza was...and it is the best as far as I'm concerned, the salad tasted better. It was cool. It was crisp. The dressing was flavorful. We had it with a loaf of ciabatta bread and three of the four of us enjoyed it. Aidan wouldn't touch the salad. Connor ate a ton of it. Last time I made Greek salad he wasn't too impressed with it but this time he ate it and loved it.

So, it's good to be home. It's good to be back to my routine and I look forward to this week. I hope everyone is doing fine and enjoying this beautiful weather we are finally having!

No comments:

Post a Comment