Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Day Seventy--Zucchini Corn skillet

I fear I'm going to be a day behind each day this week. The kids are attending a Peace Camp this week and they are having soooo much fun. I'm volunteering to help out where I can and take pictures and keep my eye on Connor's blood sugars. This means that I'm gone all day and I am behind in blogging. Sorry.

Enough of the excuses...on to last night's dinner. If I'm still awake enough, I might actually try to do tonight's post too. Last night's dinner was delicious. I was skeptical when we were putting it together and it made me question my sanity when I was making up menus.
Zucchini Corn skillet
Zucchini Corn skillet

Thankfully, Tim helped whip this together. We used the zucchini that we got at the farmer's market. We sliced the zukes up and sautéed them in some olive oil and some chopped onion. This cooked for a few minutes and then we dumped in a small bag of frozen organic corn and a can of organic diced tomatoes. For seasoning, just salt, pepper, and garlic powder. That's it. It all cooked together for about ten minutes until the zukes were soft. Then it was time to shred fresh cheese. It was a mixture of Monterey jack and cheddar. The recipe called for a half pound of each cheese and I just thought it was too much cheese so I halved that. When it was all done, we served it up on the burger buns I had made the night before.

Three of the four of us enjoyed this. Can you guess who didn't like it? Yup, it was Aidan. He was not having it. He did eat a few bites of it and then we put him out of his misery. It was really good and easy to do. Like I said, I'm glad Tim helped me out because I came home from Peace Camp with a crazy headache. 53 children. Loud children. Children having fun. It made for a crazy headache. So that sums up our meatless Monday. It was a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment