Saturday, June 5, 2010

Day Forty-nine--Pizza Night

Wow, I'm posting this really late today. Sorry. I got caught up in weeding and going in a search for heirloom tomatoes. That led me to the farm and I got into a conversation with this fascinating and amazing woman, Anne. She was such a wealth of knowledge about everything I'm trying to learn and do. I came home with my head buzzing and sadly, I forgot a few crucial things that I wanted to. One good thing though is that I can go back and help her at any time in the greenhouse and pick her brain. So, that is why my post for last night's dinner is late.

Pizza night

As we all know, last night was Friday, and Friday night means pizza night. Aidan helped me make the dough this time. He set the time for an hour and then came out and punched it down and put the cover over the top of it again. Then he set the timer for another hour. When it rang, I got busy. I rolled out three different crusts and got all everything chopped up and ready to go. I had the brilliant idea to use the leftover meat sauce from lasagna night as our pizza sauce. It was delicious...and it means that it didn't grow a layer of mold in my fridge. =) Tim and the boys played a card game while I made the pizzas. It was one of those nights where everything worked together perfectly. I was able to clean the kitchen up while the pizza was baking. When the pizzas were done, we all settled down and watched a movie. Another perfect Friday night in our home.

The only problem that I have right now is that it is almost 2:30 in the afternoon and I have no idea what we are having for dinner tonight and I don't have the menu done for next week yet. I better get on that now. Until later, happy cooking!

No comments:

Post a Comment