Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Day Sixty-four--Bacon Spinach Quiche

Wahoo. I'm posting dinner right after dinner. I know, novel idea. Tonight's dinner was a home-run. It was supposed to be a fritatta, but my cousin-in-law(there is such a thing, right) posted on facebook yesterday that she made this quiche and her family enjoyed it. I decided to give it a try. I'm glad I did.

Bacon Spinach Quiche
Bacon spinach quiche

I had to make a pie crust. Actually, I have one crust in my refrigerator still that I need to figure out what to do with it. I'm thinking Shoo-fly pie. We'll see if I'm being overly ambitious. Anyway, back to dinner. I rolled out one of the crusts and put it into my pie plate. That got set to the side while I got everything else ready. Four slices of pepper bacon, fried and cut up. Four eggs. Some milk and shredded cheese. Some chopped onion and spinach. All of those things got mixed together into a bowl and then put into the pie crust. I did run in to one problem. That problem was the fact that my pie plate was apparently not big enough. The egg mixture spilled out over the top a bit. No problem. I just pushed a cookie sheet in onto the bottom rack of my oven and it caught everything that spilled out of the pie plate. I did sprinkle a little bit more shredded cheddar on top and then carefully put the quiche in the oven. It baked for 40 minutes and then was done.

This meal was so delicious. It was everything in one plate. Protein, veggies, carbs...all in one plate. It can't get much easier than that. Aidan didn't really like it. I think it was because of the onions and spinach and the fact that it was something new that we've never had. I think a couple more times and he'll eat it. He did tell me that he wasn't that hungry.

So, thanks Emily for posting your meal last night. We enjoyed it tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment