Thursday, June 10, 2010

Day Fifty-five--Chicken Tostadas

I had my act together a little better today. It was a busy day. I made some jam with the strawberries we picked a couple of days ago. I cleaned out the basement a bit. I took the boys out for some fun. I made dinner.

Dinner was a little later than usual. I kept the car today so I had to pick Tim up from work. He worked late tonight so that we can hopefully leave early tomorrow. He came home, changed and then left for his Aikido. Before I left to pick him up, I threw some chicken in a pot to slow cook while we were gone for ten minutes. It finished cooking when we got home and then I shredded it up. I picked up a packed of Simply Organic Fajita mix and threw that in with the shredded chicken. While that worked together I fried up a bunch of corn tortillas. I cut up some romaine lettuce I had in the fridge and shredded some of the local jack cheese I got the other day. Throw it all together and you get this:

Chicken Tostadas
Chicken tostadas

The kids and I loved them. I put a little salsa on top of Connor's and mine. Aidan just had chicken, lettuce and cheese on his. Aidan actually asked for seconds on this one. The chicken wasn't organic. It was chicken that had been buried in the freezer from before I started buying organic meats. I couldn't waste it and I couldn't eat oatmeal another night so we ate it and cleared out room in the freezer for good for us food.

That is about all I have for you now. I am going to go read the rest of my Animal, Vegetable, Mineral and bemoan the fact that it's done. And then I might read it over again. Yes, I loved it that much! Have a good night!

1 comment: