Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Day Fifty-seven--Chicken Taco Chili

Hello all. Whew, I had a busy day yesterday. It felt good though. I got a lot done. I have now preserved all of the strawberries we picked into luscious jams. That will give us a taste of spring/summer in the middle of the horrid winter. I also made a loaf of my favorite Maple Oatmeal bread for us to have for yummy sammies.

Dinner was the least of my work yesterday because I threw it all in the crockpot yesterday morning. This is one of Tim's favorite chilies and through the winter I make it every couple of weeks.
Chicken Taco Chili
Chicken Taco Chili

It's really easy to do. Everything that went into it was organic. It had the house smelling like chili around 11 am and it made me hungry all day. Right before Tim got home I also made some cornbread. I used a different recipe this time and he liked it much better. The last one I made was delicious but he wanted one that had a little bit of sweetness to it. This one was perfect! The dinner came together nicely before Tim had to go to his aikido class. We shredded some Cuba cheddar cheese on top. I had a little butter and honey on my cornbread. The kids loved the cornbread...the chili, not so much. They like it sometimes, and sometimes not. Last nights, not. Oh well, there is a ton of it left to eat for lunches over the next couple of days.

No comments:

Post a Comment