Friday, April 16, 2010

Day Four--Cool Mexican Bean wraps

Tonight we were cooking in a different kitchen. We got into Olean this afternoon and then went food shopping for tonight's dinner and tomorrow nights dinner. It's always interesting shopping in grocery stores that your not used to. For one thing I found the Stevia that we used to always buy and was discontinued at Wegmans. I scooped up three bottles of it for 38.00. Expensive...yes. It's worth it though. We use it in KoolAde for the kids. We try not to use any chemical sweeteners and Stevia is all natural. I was happy to find it.

Anyway, on to dinner. Tim helped me again. Actually, I thanked him because he has pitched in each night so far and not only is it a huge help, it's fun for both of us to be working together. We went the Mexican route tonight:

Cool Bean Wraps
Cool Bean Mexican Wraps ala Jamie Oliver

We've made these before so they are a repeat for us. They are awesome. I made guacamole and picked up a container of fresh salsa from Tops. I'm usually not one for store bought salsa. That being said, every time we are in Olean I have to get a container of it. I don't know how they do it, but it is so good. So, we enjoyed a bean wrap with some Corona and I'm pleased that instead of eating out on vacation, we cooked real food.

Not much else to report. Until tomorrow. Happy cooking!

**edited to add cost of meal...Total cost was $33.85. It served 6 so cost per person was $5.64. Not too bad for orgnaic beans and tomatoes. That is about what you would spend for a Value meal and it wouldn't have any nutritional value.

No comments:

Post a Comment