Thursday, April 29, 2010

Day Sixteen--Dinner out

Last night's dinner was supposed to be one thing, but life happened and we had to celebrate it. Connor tested for his next belt in karate and passed with flying colors. By the time class was over it was 6:30 and Tim and I decided to let Connor pick someplace special for dinner. He had earned it from not only his karate class, but he had also gotten up early and gone for his PSSA testing. He was funny because when we told him he could pick he was happy. He says, "I know it's not good for us, but the first thing that popped into my mind was Chuck E Cheese." Tim and I groaned. Connor chuckled and then said, "No, I don't really want it, it's just the first thing that popped into my mind." Chuck E Cheese would be happy to know that their advertising dollars are working well. It's strange too because the kids rarely watch TV anymore. When they do, it's through the tivo and we fast forward through the commercials. It must have been lodged in his brain a couple of years ago. He thought a bit more and then chose La Tolteca. A local Mexican restaurant. I was pleased because it meant I could have one of these:

Much needed
A JUMBO margarita. It was so good and I really needed if after a couple of very busy weeks.

We were careful and limited the numbers of chips and salsa we consumed before our actual meal showed up. Last time, the kids pounded down so many chips and salsa they were ill by the end of the dinner. Then they were mad that we wouldn't let them get fried ice cream. Both Connor and Aidan were gunning for the fried ice cream this time so they were careful with the chip consumption.

Enchiladas
For dinner I had an enchilada dish. The enchiladas were full of crab and shrimp and then covered with cheese. Served with rice. Honestly, my favorite part was the rice. It was really good. The enchiladas were ok. They didn't really have a lot of flavor and I only ate half of them. I should have ordered something with a little more pizazz. I was proud of myself though because I did try something new and didn't get what I usually get in Mexican restaurants.

The kids managed to get their ice creams too. We got two and split them between the four of us. It was a very nice dinner that everyone enjoyed and we all left with smiles on our faces. It was nice to have a night where I didn't have to prepare and clean up after dinner too. Tonight, I am back in the kitchen.

Congrats to my newly yellow belted son. Great job!

069

Until tonight, happy cooking!

No comments:

Post a Comment