Thursday, April 15, 2010

Day Three--Cheeseburgers

Tonight's meal was an easy one. Another dinner off the grill too. I love having warmer weather and the ability to cook outside. I was concerned about making coleslaw without a food processor. As you will remember mine broke yesterday. I grumbled about it and I worried how I would get the cabbage shredded enough to be good slaw. How did I end up getting my cabbage shredded? The good old fashioned way. A knife!

Old fashioned
Who needs a food processor?


Coleslaw
It made for a nice slaw. I made my own slaw sauce. It is delicious.

The burgers took me all of five minutes to mix up. I used organic grass fed beef that I got at Wegmans. It was a pretty good cost for a pound of beef. I think it was five dollars. Not too bad for 4 burgers. I suppose you could get 4 burgers at a fast food dive but the meat will be full of chemicals and drugs. Yuck. I mixed an egg, some bread crumbs, a half an onion and some cumin and chili powder in the meat and like I said Tim grilled them up nicely.

Cheeseburger
Super yummy burgers topped with swiss cheese.

It was such a lovely evening out that we all decided to eat outside. We enjoyed our burgers with some baked French fries and the coleslaw. Tim and I also enjoyed some Ithaca Brewery CascaZilla beer. The French fries were kind of an afterthought. I looked around and found some potatoes in the cupboard and sliced them up in my handy dandy slicer.

So, all in all, it was an easy dinner. Again three out of four of us liked it. Aidan didn't like the onions in the burger but we got him to eat half of it. That is a win for us. We are traveling tomorrow to Olean to hang out with my step mother-in-law. She's the best. I have my shopping list to take to Tops when we get there so we can continue our eating real food while we are there. Of course, we might have to sneak some Renna's pizza in for a lunch on Saturday. Renna's has the best pizza.

No comments:

Post a Comment