Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Day Fifteen--Curried Lentils

Ladies and Gents, we have had our first fail. I'm not sure what I was thinking when I chose this recipe. I guess I looked at the ingredients and I liked each of the things in it...but put together, not so much.

Tonight's dish:
Curried Lentils

It was easy to make. It's good for you. Uh, that's all I have to say. Normally, we like curries. We love Indian food. I'm not sure what went wrong here. I think a lot of it was texture for me. After it simmered it was all kind of mushy. Maybe another reason I didn't like it was because I wasn't very hungry when we ate dinner (thanks to my afternoon snack of pistachios). Interestingly, Connor liked it. He had two bowls of it. Aidan was funny. I really didn't think he would touch it. I gave him a bite of mine and he said it was ok, so I gave him a small bowl. Not surprisingly, he had a couple more bites and said, "Mama, I don't think I do like this." I couldn't be upset with him. He was so good and tasted it and I couldn't blame him. Tim isn't home yet so I can't give you his input on this dish. Knowing him, he'll probably like it, which is good because then he can take the rest of it for lunches for the rest of the week. Oh yeah, it did make a lot too.

I will not be making this dish again. Sorry Martha, it's a no-go for our family. You know what the worst part is? All I can smell right now is curry. I'm not really fond of the smell of curry. If it weren't 47 degrees out, I would open windows to air out.

3 comments:

  1. Ok, so what's in there with the lentils?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carrie...if you click on the link under the picture it should take you to the recipe. Basically, it's sweet potatoes, cauliflower, tomatoes and onions with curry powder. Tim liked it. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, ok...didn't realize you had a link to the recipe. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete