Thursday, April 22, 2010

Day Ten--Roasted Chicken and Potatoes

This will be a short post tonight. Partly because I'm tired and partly because this meal was only meh. Tonight's dinner was poorly planned out. I didn't realize how long it would take to finish and we ended up eating dinner at 8 o'clock. Now, we've been eating later lately but this is too late.

Here's what we had:
Roast Chicken
Roasted Chicken with potatoes. Sorry the picture is kind of boring but my creativity was tapped out today. I should have taken a picture of the chicken before Tim cut it up, but I didn't do it fast enough.

The chicken. I spent the big bucks on this chicken. It was organic. It was delicious. It had great taste. I put olive oil on the outside and then salted and peppered it. Inside the bird I stuffed a lemon, garlic cloves and thyme. The lemon and garlic were already warm and juicy because I boiled them with the potatoes.
Boiling potatoes
Lemon and garlic boiling with the potatoes.

I've never boiled potatoes with a lemon and garlic before. After the lemon boiled, I stabbed (fun) it several times and then put it inside the bird. It smelled really good and it really put some lemon flavor into the chicken. I guess my issue with this meal were the actual potatoes. First of all the recipe called for way too many. Second of all, even after being cut up and boiled and then roasted for 45 minutes with the chicken they weren't really cooked all the way through. I have a lot of them left over that will be turned into hash browns over the weekend.

On a good note, Aidan loved tonight's dinner. He ate it all up and said he loved it. Connor didn't eat any of the chicken (too bland for him) but had a couple of potatoes. I think next time I attempt roasted chicken and potatoes I'll just do it the way I usually do.

No comments:

Post a Comment