Saturday, April 24, 2010

Day Eleven--Pizza Night!!

Sorry I'm posting this a day late. I have to post last night and tonight's dinners. It's been busy. Last night we head out to pick up our 50 lbs of grass fed organic beef from our good friends that live about 30 minutes from us. It was a perfect spring day and what was supposed to be a quick drop off the check/pick up the beef turned into two hours of hanging out in the back yard enjoying the amazing view and enjoying clean, fresh air. We didn't get home until quarter to eight. Oops.

Thankfully, I had started the pizza dough before we left and it was all risen and ready to go when we got home. Tim rolled out the three pizza crusts and I chopped all the veggies and got them all ready. We have Friday night pizzas down to a science now. I make the dough from scratch which is 100 percent easier now that I have my pretty amazing mixer...thanks dad and Laurie! It mixes all up in the bowl and rises and then Aidan usually punches it down the first time. Then it rises again and then it's ready to go. It really is quite a tasty pizza crust that is just flour, salt, water, yeast, a tiny bit of sugar and olive oil. The one recipe makes three separate pizzas that we usually have for a couple of days.


123
One of the pizzas with pepperoni, mushrooms, onions, green olives and oregano. I made this one with the left over sauce from earlier in the week that was sooooo tasty.

We rarely buy pizza out anymore. It just doesn't taste as good as when we make it at home and I honestly never thought I would say. I used to love buying pizza at the chain pizzas places and then they kind of got gross and predictable. Then we moved to eating local pizza places and found that our pizzas tasted just as good and were cheaper. Plus they are fun to make. The kids will sometimes get in the kitchen and build theirs and then Tim and I go nuts on ours with the toppings.

I guess you guys better get used to seeing pizzas on Friday night. It's kind of turned into a habit of ours. Pizza and movie night with the boys on Friday night. Last night we passed on the movie because we got home later than we had planned. I'm hoping in the next month we can experiment with making our own mozzarella cheese. I usually buy the pre-shredded mozzarella at the store but really love the taste of "real" mozzarella. I just need to score some citric acid and we will be good to go with that experiment.

Well, that sums up Friday night's dinner. Now I'm going to go post for today (Saturday).

No comments:

Post a Comment