Monday, April 26, 2010

Day Fourteen--Chicken Parmigiana

Well lookie here. I'm actually posting tonight after dinner. What a fine dinner it was too. Are you sitting down? It wasn't a Jamie Oliver recipe tonight. I know, I know, I felt like I needed to branch out a bit. I turned to dear old Martha tonight. I used to get her Everyday Food magazine and it had a lot of good recipes in it. This came from the Everyday Food website.

Chicken Parmigiana
Chicken Parmigiana over a bed of mixed lettuce.

I made her tomato sauce instead of just buying a jar of sauce. It wasn't as tasty as Jamie's sauce last week, but it did make a LOT. I am not sure what I'm going to with it all. I suppose I will put some in the fridge for pizza and then freeze the rest.

This was a really easy dinner to do. I had it all put together from scratch in about 25 minutes. I made the sauce first and then started on the chicken. I got three organic chicken breasts and I split them in half so it made six cutlets. I browned them in a pan for a couple of minutes and then broiled it with mozzarella on top. Mozzarella. I'm spoiled now by the balls of cheese. I will not buy pre-shredded cheese again. In fact, as soon as I can get my hands on some citric acid I'm going to try to make my own.

The good news about this meal is that Aidan loved it. He even ate the salad and said he liked lettuce. Breakthrough! Everyone loved this meal. I was going to do some writing about eating locally but I don't really have the energy to do it tonight. I'm doing a lot of reading and trying to figure some stuff out. I will write about it soon though. I promise. I think that is all I have now. Until tomorrow, happy cooking. =)


No comments:

Post a Comment