Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Day Seven--Chili Corn Chowder

Tonight's dinner was a change in plans. It was supposed to be fish but I changed it kind of last minute. I knew that I would not be home for dinner and I wanted to make something simple for the boys to enjoy. This dinner was actually supposed to be done a couple of weeks ago and we never got to it. Presenting:

Chili Corn Chowder
Chili Corn Chowder

It was easy to put together and didn't really have that many ingredients. I got the recipe off of my Jamie Oliver 20 minute meals app. I made it early because I had to leave for a Peace and Justice Awards dinner. Tim took Connor and Aidan to karate and then when they got home, the chowder was still warm. I had shredded some cheddar and chopped up some spring onions and a jalapeno for topping.

Reports are that it was pretty good. I didn't have any. Tim said it could have used more spice and flavor. Connor said it was good and I guess Aidan ate half of a bowl of it. There is a little bit left over that I will have for lunch today.

One thing that I have learned in this first week is the fact that I use my little hand blender almost every day. Thank you mom for giving it to me. It has been a lifesaver. I am still in the market for a food processor and I know which one I want. I'm just waiting a couple of weeks or until the need arises to get it. Oh, and another thing I've learned, I enjoy cooking dinner and listening to Fresh Air on NPR every night. Now that I actually get to spend more time in the kitchen it's fun to listen to NPR because the only other time I get to listen is while we are driving.

That is all for now. Happy cooking!!

Cost per meal: **still figuring out**

No comments:

Post a Comment