Saturday, May 22, 2010

Friday Night...Lack of post

I wasn't sure how to go about posting for Friday night. The original plan for Friday night was calzones but I took the boys to see the new Shrek movie instead. I had made the decision to not cook dinner before we went to the movie because I knew we would be full of popcorn and I also knew that we would be walking around the art festival. We had a backup plan of eating at Circles. Tim eats at Circles a lot during the week, usually when we don't have leftovers from a previous night's dinner. It's a local little deli in our local public square that has been around for over 20 years. I was looking forward to having one of their sandwiches that Tim always raves about. Long story short, by the time Tim was done with work and we got down there they had stopped serving sammies. Boo.

We walked back over to the festival and the boys had visions of fair food dancing in their heads. We wandered by all of the little tents set up. We smelled all the smells. Two major smells jumped out at me. One was of the amazing cinnamon smell that comes out of the nut vendor and then the other smell (out of the rest of the vendors) was grease and oil. Not very appetizing to me. The boys chose Italian. I'm not surprised because it WAS Friday night and we usually have pizza or calzones. Aidan had a slice of cheese pizza and Connor had a calzone. Tim couldn't figure out what he wanted so we walked around looking at the amazing art. After about 3o minutes of wandering around, I settled into a little booth. I spent some money (a lot) and Tim decided instead of seeing how much I spent that he was going to find something to eat. He came back with a bbq sammie and some fried oreos. I finished up my purchase and met up with him. The boys were thrilled with the oreos and against my will they made me take a bite. I took a small bite and wasn't too impressed. Again, with the oil. Eewww.

I ended up not eating anything at the festival and we came home. I couldn't figure out what I wanted so settled on a shot of tequila and called it a night. It all worked out. The boys got a treat of eating pizza/calzone out, Tim got a sammie and I honestly wasn't hungry after the movie. Saturday we will be back on track. We have some friends coming over to share dinner with us. We are going to wow them with some of our grass fed beef. I just hope that: A. it doesn't rain and B. Tim doesn't overcook the steaks. If all else fails, we have a couple of large bottles of red wine.

Until later, happy cooking.

No comments:

Post a Comment