Sunday, May 2, 2010

Day Nineteen--Pizza

We spent the day at the zoo today. We drove 2 hours and 40 minutes to get there, spent 4 hours there and then drove 2 hours and 40 minutes home. We got home at 6. I actually made pizza dough. I waited one hour for the dough to rise and then Connor punched it down. We waited 35 more minutes for the second rise and then made pizzas.

pizza
Margherita pizza

We are eating pizza a little after 8 but it's delicious. I was only able to eat two pieces because I'm tired and frankly, I'm full of water. It was hot out again today and being in the sun for four hours wiped me out. I have been drinking water non-stop since we've been home. The good thing about that is that I have a TON of pizza left over for lunches for the next couple of days.

The dough is the normal one that I make. The sauce I used is the left over tomato sauce from the Martha meal earlier in the week. I bought balls of mozzarella and just threw chunks of that on the pizza. I will not buy the pre-shredded crap anymore. I had a bunch of organic tomatoes that I needed to use up before they went bad so instead of my usual topping fest, I went simple. Cheese, tomatoes and basil. My poor basil plants have been picked clean.

I wish I had more to say right now, but all I want to do is crawl into bed and read my new book. I got Animal, Vegetable, Miracle by Barbara Kingsolver. I tried to read it last night in bed and didn't make it through the first page before I was asleep. I'm going to shoot for two pages tonight. I still want to complain about my shopping trip yesterday, but not now. Let's just say that I can't wait until our farmer's market is up and running again. Until tomorrow, happy cooking!

No comments:

Post a Comment