Saturday, May 15, 2010

Day Thirty-two--Dinner out!

Good news and bad news. The good news is that I got the menus done for next week. The bad news is that I couldn't figure out what to have tonight. But that turned into good news too. We decided to go out for dinner. We gave the boys three different options. La Tolteca for Mexican, Hops and Barley, or Theo's Metro. I go to Theo's once in a while with my friends and it has great Greek food. The boys have never been there so we gently nudged them in that direction. Theo's has a pretty cool history to it too. It used to be a popcorn factory long ago and it's now a historical building with lots of neat knick knacks and even a little mini golf place inside for the kids to play.

We started our dinner off with a couple of appetizers. Tim saw that they had Saganaki on the menu. Basically it's a Greek cheese that has a Parmesan egg batter on it. It's then sprinkled with some vodka and lit on fire at your table. The fire is put out with a squeeze of lemon. How cool is that?!


Flaming cheese
Saganaki

The kids were quite impressed and loved the melted cheese. I got one of my favorite appetizers. It's a Mediterranean Shrimp Strudel. It's phyllo dough filled with feta and boursin cheese and shrimp. It then has a lobster sauce over the top. It was enjoyed by all.

Mediterranean Shrimp Strudel
Mediterranean Shrimp Strudel

For the main course I had spinach pie. It came with some veggies and some amazing lemon potatoes. I don't know how they do their potatoes and I wish I could figure it out because they are so amazing. I could only eat half of my main course so I was able to bring a bunch home.

Spinach pie
Spinach pie

So, all in all it was a great day. We got a lot of spring cleaning done and my menus are done for next week. We had a delicious dinner at a family run restaurant. Tomorrow I hit the store and stock up for the week. Until tomorrow, happy cooking!

No comments:

Post a Comment