Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Day Twenty-nine--Shrimp Stir Fry

Wahoo. This was a great meal tonight. I had a couple of bumps but I was able to ride the bumps and I landed a great meal on the table. Tonight's dinner:

Shrimp Stir Fry
Shrimp Stir Fry

This recipe was in one of Connor's new cookbooks. It was insanely easy to throw together. As you know, I was out of rice as of yesterday, but with some digging around in my pantry I found a bag of brown rice. Score. Then I had a problem. The recipe called for an onion. I had to scrounge through the refrigerator to get enough onion for last night's dinner. I remembered though that I had a couple of green onions left from earlier this week. I had to peel a couple of layers of green off, but then they were fine. I chopped them up and fried them up with a chopped red pepper. Then I tossed in some snow peas and some shrimp that had been marinating in garlic and tamari sauce. This meal came together in about 15 minutes. The brown rice was the thing that took the longest to cook.

Three out of four of us liked this meal. Aidan ate the rice and shrimp but said the peas were too crunchy. Connor was mad because there wasn't any left over. This will be a definite do over for us in the future. The only gross part of this meal was the peeling of the shrimp. Last time we had shrimp Tim peeled them for me. Tonight he was with Connor at karate so I had to do it. Gross. If I have shrimp in a menu again, I need to make sure it's a night that Tim will be here to peel them.

That is all for now. I'm going to have to start thinking about menus for next week pretty soon. Fun. Until tomorrow, Happy cooking!

No comments:

Post a Comment