Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Day Twenty-two--Fajitas!

I'm a dork. I had to have Mexican today in honor of Cinco de Mayo. Not that I really need an excuse to eat Mexican food. It's one of my favorites!

Of course, dinner had to start out with one of these:
Cinco de Mayo
Good 'ol Corona.

I had pondered drinking one while I was cooking up our dinner, but then thought better of it. I just can't drink like I used to. That is probably a good thing.

Fajitas
Chicken Fajitas with roasted peppers and onions

Dinner tonight was delicious. I just chopped up 3 organic chicken breasts and cooked them with a Simply Organic Fajita flavor packet. I also had a pan with onions, green peppers and red peppers frying up along side the chicken. Connor came home from karate and helped me stir the veggies and chicken while I made the guacamole. Connor also shredded some cheddar cheese for me too. He's quite the helper in the kitchen. It's interesting because Connor likes to do cooking on the stove and preparing meals and Aidan loves the baking side of the cooking. He's always helping with the breads, cakes and cookies. I'm very lucky to have two little helpers who enjoy playing in the kitchen.

Dinner was a great success. We each had two fajitas and then we were stuffed. It was thumbs up all around. I have to say that it's been pretty easy to keep up with the cooking so far. I'm happy because I know we are all eating real food and that is going to keep us healthy. I hope everyone has had a great day. Until tomorrow, happy cooking!


No comments:

Post a Comment