Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Day Thirty-four-- Chana Masala

We had dinner later last night that we usually do. Chalk it up to poor planning and brown rice. Connor had his karate class so while he and Tim were at karate, I ran down and used our treadmill for 30 minutes. By the time I came upstairs I only had 15 minutes before they got home. I immediately put on the brown rice because it takes so long to cook. The chana masala came together pretty quickly.

Chana Masala
Chana Masala

This was a request from Tim. He loves this stuff. I have to admit it is pretty tasty. Plus, it used up pretty much the rest of the spinach that I had so we didn't waste it. My only problem was that the brown rice took FOREVER to cook. It worked out in the end though because Connor came home with a pretty low blood sugar from karate and we had to treat that before he could eat. Somehow, it all came together and we were eating by 8.

I love this recipe. It's really easy to make and it has so much flavor to it. I cut back on the red pepper flakes these days because of Aidan. He actually ate a bowl full of it and said he liked it.

Well, I was up at 5:40 this morning (probably because I was asleep at 8:30 last night) and now that I have this post done I am going to treat Patchy to a nice morning river front walk. I'm looking forward to tonight's dinner. I'm making something new and I hope it turns out. Until tonight (or tomorrow morning), Happy cooking!

No comments:

Post a Comment