Saturday, May 15, 2010

Day Thirty-one--Greek pizza

Hello all. A quick post to put in last night's dinner. We are in the middle of some serious spring cleaning here today so I don't have much time to get chatty. Last night was Friday so it was pizza night. Connor begged for calzones again but I talked him into pizza. We had Greek pizzas.

Greek Pizza

Greek pizza

What makes it Greek? Well, it was covered with red onion, red pepper, kalamata olives, and a sprinkling of feta cheese. Oregano was sprinkled on top. It was so very tasty and enjoyed by all. For movie night we watched The Fantastic Mr. Fox (again). I love that movie. It was a nice relaxing, low key night at home. Oh, I did have one snafu though. I forgot to pick up a can of pizza sauce while I was out running errands. I remembered to get the mozzarella and onions but forgot the sauce. I debated as to whether or not I wanted to go back out, but ended up taking a can of diced tomatoes out of the cupboard and adding them to some sautéed onions and garlic. I ran my immersion blender through it so that Aidan wouldn't notice the onions (he noticed). It ended up be a really good pizza sauce. A little wetter than normal but when we bake the pizzas on the stones it doesn't matter. I only recently got baking stones and I love them. I don't know how I went without them for so long.

So that wraps up last night. I'm getting ready to go start my first batch of Artisan bread in 5 minutes. I'm skeptical on bread that doesn't need to be kneaded but I'll give it a shot. I still don't have menus done and as of right now (2 pm) I don't know what we are having for dinner yet. Wish me luck...

No comments:

Post a Comment