Thursday, May 27, 2010

Day Forty-three--Beet Green Salad

This is going to be a quick post. It's late and we have to get up early tomorrow morning to head to Hershey Park. Tonight's dinner was interesting. It was insanely easy to put together. Well, let's just get to it:

Beet greens salad with goat cheese
Beet Green Salad with Goat Cheese

I loved this salad. I was the only one who loved this salad. I roasted the beets and then peeled and sliced them. Connor was stealing the beets faster than I could cut them. I then took all of the beet greens and washed and chopped them up. I put the greens in a bowl and then sliced a half of a red onion and chunked up some goat cheese. The dressing was just olive oil, balsamic vinegar, chopped garlic and some mustard. At this point, I put the chopped beets into the salad too. I then dressed the salad and this is where I lost Connor. He told me I ruined his beets.

Like I said, I loved this salad. The dressing was so flavorful. The greens were so crunchy and delicious. I have never had goat cheese before and I was a little creeped out by the texture of it. It had a pretty good flavor though. Now, as for the rest of the family. I wish I had taken a picture of Tim while he was eating it. It appears that he doesn't like beets. He was making the funniest faces and had the kids giggling. Aidan got a big plate of the salad and had a bite of it and just couldn't eat anymore. I suppose I won't be making this salad again. I did have both kids ask me to make pickled beets and eggs again. I guess I'll take that.

Busy day tomorrow. I'm not sure what we'll be doing for dinner. I suspect we will still be at Hershey Park. It should be fun though. Until later, well, you know. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment