Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Day Thirty-five--Pasta with Vodka Sauce

My oh my, dinner was fabulous tonight. I made fresh pasta from scratch and then I made some homemade Vodka sauce. Tim and I love some vodka sauce.

Pasta with Vodka Sauce
Pasta with Vodka Sauce

Last week when I was making out the menu for this week, I started procrastinating. I know, I am classic for this. I got to thinking about a blog that my mom used to read and I glanced at it once in a while, but never gave it much thought. For some reason I wandered over there to see what was going on and lo and behold, she had a bunch of recipes online. They looked fabulous so I grabbed three of the recipes for my menu this week. Here is the recipe for the sauce. It was really easy to make. The worst part was when I inhaled the steaming vodka after I put it in the pan. Can we say pass out? Whew.

While the sauce was cooking, I rolled out the pasta and cut it into strips. I made a mistake this time. I thought that since I was going to cook it within a half hour that I didn't need to hang it up to dry. I put all of the little strips into a bowl until it was ready to boil up. Big mistake! We ran out to vote in our primary and came home (10 minutes tops) and by the time we got home it was all stuck together. I peeled some of it apart, but me being the impatient person that I am, ended up just throwing the wad of pasta into the salted water and used a pasta spoon to separate it a little bit. It ended up being ok. Aidan actually said that his favorite pieces of pasta were the big chunks. Everyone loved the vodka sauce. In the past, when we've gotten the jar of vodka sauce, the kids haven't like the flavor. This one they both loved. Connor was funny because he thought he was going to get drunk eating the vodka sauce.

I think that is all I have for now. I'm trying to keep track of the primary results, watch Biggest Loser and blog at the same time. Not very smart on my part. Until tomorrow, happy cooking!

No comments:

Post a Comment