Sunday, August 1, 2010

Days 76-82

Good morning all. As promised here is my weekly wrap up of our meals. As I said before we've been continuing our eating real food plan, but I took a couple of weeks off of blogging. I'm going to pick the day numbers back up from where I left off. So, onto the meals:

Last Sunday I made a steak and potato salad. This was amazing. It also had fresh green beans and the dressing was a horseradish dressing. The kids didn't really like this so Tim and I had plenty of leftovers for lunches.

Steak and Potato Salad

Monday (meatless) we had Black Bean Quesadillas. They were delicious. The kids wanted more but we kept to the serving size of one quesadilla.

Black Bean Quesadillas


Tuesday we had some Five Spice Tilapia with some corn on the cob (fresh from the farm). This was delicious and insanely easy.

Glazed Tilapia

Wednesday we enjoyed turkey burgers with mango chutney. Oh my, this was amazing. I have never had mango chutney before but this was so good. Everyone enjoyed this meal too.

Turkey Burger with Mango Chutney


Thursday we had homemade chicken nuggets. These were just ok. They were easy to make and quick but they lacked flavor. I did make a blackberry mustard to dip in and that helped. This meal was served with fresh tomatoes out of our yard.

Chicken Nuggets with Blackberry Mustard


That brings us to Friday which is our Pizza/movie night. I love having one set meal every week and it's tradition. This week I had a bacon and onion (heavy on the onion) pizza.

Pizza

Last, but not least, was Saturday's meal. We enjoyed this meal immensely because A. Carrie and Mike provided it and B. we enjoyed it with Carrie and Mike on their cute little patio. It was an amazing meal and it made us grateful for great friends and good food. Carrie made BBQ pulled pork and served with coleslaw, baked beans, some amazing grilled veggies and some corn on the cob. Combine this with some very good microbrews and it was perfection.

Pulled Pork Sammie, grilled veg, baked beans

So, there you have it. Our week of eating good for you food. We are enjoying fresh local food and we are having fun trying new foods. I do have to recommend a magazine. A couple of weeks ago I picked up a copy of Eating Well and that is where my week's menu came from. They were all really fast and easy meals. I think I'm going to subscribe to the magazine, although all of the recipes are online too. They have a great website.

2 comments:

  1. Still hanging my head in shame over those baked beans. LOL. Will have to redeem myself eventually.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No way, they were delicious. =)

    ReplyDelete