Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Days 83-87

I know, I know, I'm late. It's been a whirlwind around here. These are the dinners from last week. We'll start with Sunday:
Pimento Stuffed Chicken
This meal was delicious. It was from my new favorite Eating Well site. We enjoyed Pimento Cheese Stuffed chicken breasts. We had some corn on the cob left over so we each enjoyed a fresh cob of corn with this.

Tomato Feta Tart
Meatless Monday was an awesome Tomato Feta tart with tomatoes fresh from our garden. I've made this before and minus the pain of laying out all the pyhllo dough it is so worth it. It was garlicy and the tomatoes were so sweet and meaty. It was a thumbs up meal all around.

Tofu and Spinach with Peanut Sauce
Tuesday was a quick throw together because we had someplace to be right after dinner. It came together really fast and was really tasty. Aidan didn't eat much of it but the rest of us devoured it. It was Tofu with spinach in peanut sauce.

Cheese Quesadillas
Wednesday ended up being another quick one and wasn't what I had originally planned on but again with the busy lives. I had some leftover whole grain tortillas in the cupboard and some fresh cheddar cheese so voila, we had cheese quesadillas. Actually, Tim and I had BLT quesadillas with some tomatoes out of the garden and some bacon and cheese. Yum.

Peaches and Cream
Thursday was hot and no one was really hungry. Tim brought home fresh peaches from the farmer's market and that's what we had for dinner. The kids loved the peaches. I had mine sliced up with a tiny bit of cream over the top of them. My mom used to do peaches this way.

Friday was my 11th wedding anniversary and Tim took me out to The Rustic Kitchen. I had the sangria I've ever had in my life and a plate of baked rigatoni with Italian sausage. It was so good but there was so much of it, I could only eat half of the plate. Tim had this amazing seafood dish that was spicy and delicious. We then split a slice of Tirmisu for dessert. It was very nice to have a date night out with Tim and the boys had a blast with Tommy. I didn't take my camera to dinner so there are no pics of it. Sorry.

Saturday, again, I have no picture because it was just eggs in the basket. It was a busy day and no one was really hungry. Around 7 we decided we had to have something to eat so we just threw together some eggs in the basket.

There you have it. Nothing really exciting. The food was good. I'm looking forward to cooler weather so that I feel like being in the kitchen more. This week Tim is on vacation and we are spending it close to home taking care of things that have been put off forever. Things like taking Patchy for his yearly check up and taking the car in for inspection. Fun Fun. I haven't done any menus and we are just kind of winging it each night. Stay tuned next week for details. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment