Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Days 128-133

Hello all. I'm not as late this week. Progress. Baby steps. Every week I have full intentions to do this blog on Sunday. This time of year I don't think that will happen. You see, Sunday is football day. Our TV is tuned to the NFL Redzone. My laptop is flashing between NFL.com to watch the Bills games and our fantasy football team. Tim and I have a team this year and let me tell you, it has made football so much more fun. We are Bills fans (hanging head in shame). We rarely get to see their games here. We get the Eagles or Steelers (who I also like). The thing that is fun is the fact that we have assorted players on all the teams who we can watch and root for. Anyway, that is why the blog doesn't get worked on on Sunday. We can all blame football.

So, onto our week of meals. This was a low key week. We were all still getting over colds and not very hungry.

Sunday:
WINGS
no picture
Again, I'm a dork and forgot to take the picture of our wings. Sunday night is wings night in our home. We also eat a ton of celery so fret not, we are eating our veg as well.

Monday:
Taco Salad
Taco Salad

This is becoming a fave in our home. It's perfect because I can throw it together while Connor is at karate and it's all ready when he gets home. I love the chipolte salsa on mine

Tuesday:
Turkey Burgers with Creamed spinach
Turkey Burgers with creamed spinach

We love our turkey burgers now. They are so delicious and Aidan eats them most of the time. This time I didn't mince the green onions fine enough so he was able to see them and wasn't happy about it. Tim experimented with some creamed spinach. This wasn't a big hit with Aidan, but I will give him props for trying it. Connor on the other hand loved it. He ended up eating more than he was bolused for and we had to give him a little more insulin after the fact.

Wednesday:
Steak with whiskey cream sauce and brussel sprouts
Steak with whiskey cream sauce and brusssl sprouts

This was good. It was fun to make this one because we were in the middle of a terrible thunderstorm and I love myself some thunderstorms. I made a mistake and used a bunch of cubed up stew meat instead of steaks. We were out of steaks and I rarely make stews. The meat was a little tougher than normal but the amazing sauce made up for it. I also did the brussel sprouts differently and they weren't as good as when I roast them. They cooked in a little bacon fat and then I added some chicken broth and they basically cooked in the chicken broth. We all decided the butter garlic roasted ones are way better.

Thursday:
Slaw Dogs
Slaw Dogs

What? What's that? Is that a bun?! Oh yes it is. I love the internet because I can google something and find an answer. This amazing woman has an incredible blog chock full of recipes we can use. These buns are made out of egg whites beaten to within an inch of their lives and then egg yolks with some cream cheese. Throw it in the oven, bake, voila. One carb bun. Oh yeah. The slaw was also delicious. Instead of sugar, I just used stevia and I think I ate Aidan's weight of it. I seriously ate this for a couple of days. It was so good. Next time I think I'll dice up a dill pickle and add as well. Then I will disallow anyone touching it.

Friday:
Pizza!
Pizza!

Yes, we attempted pizza again. The crust was made out of eggs and cheese. I don't think we'll do it again. It was nice to have pizza again but the crust was just too much and not that easy to work with. I am thinking I'm going to try the same recipe I used for the buns and try that as a pizza crust. Otherwise, the toppings were delish! We enjoyed our pizza with a movie. Good times!

Saturday:
Pumpkin Pie Milkshake
Pumpkin Pie Milkshake

Tim roasted up another one of our pumpkins during the day and we all just wanted something light for dinner. So the milkshake was had. It's basically just cream, water, ice, protein powder, roasted pumpkin, some pumpkin pie spice and a packet of stevia. They were super duper filling and everyone was satisfied.

So, that wraps up another week. It was a good week. Connor had some blood drawn today for his endocrinologist appointment next week. We are pretty excited to see how this way of eating has affected his numbers. We've been doing this for just over a month and an HBA1C averages three months of sugars so he's still going to have a couple of months of not so great numbers to deal with...although I have read/heard that it mostly accounts for the past month. We shall see.

Have a great week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment