Thursday, September 23, 2010

Days 121-127

Hello Mr. Procrastination, how nice of you to stop by.  So, I've been thinking about writing all week and haven't had the time or gumption to do so.  We've been busy and for part of the time sick so I have my reasons.  =)

Let's get to the meals.  I'm not going to have pictures for all of them because I'm a dork.

Sunday:
NO PICTURE
Wings
I am happy to report that wings have no carbs.  The sauces that we use have no carbs.  We may have lost our Friday night pizza night, but we've gained our Sunday Football Wings.  Tim fries them up for us.  We tried baking them once and they just turned out mushy and nasty.  When we fry them they get nice and crispy.  My wings I like to make a butter garlic sauce and I think next time I will put some fresh parmesain in the sauce as well.  We also like to use Frank's hot sauce because it has no carbs in it.  Aidan likes his honey mustard dressing for his wings.  He's the only one who still eats a little bit of carbs.  So, Sunday's meal was a win win for all.


Monday:
Taco Salad
Taco Salad

This is such an easy meal to throw together.  I just cook up some ground beef and mix in a taco seasoning packet.  I bought the Simply Organic taco seasoning blend and didn't think anything about there being carbs in it, but alas, there were 5 carbs per serving.  Huh?  How can spices have carbs?!  Because they also included potato starch.  Dang.  It did effect Connor's blood sugar even though we covered the carbs with insulin.  I'm going to just start making my own taco mix.

Tuesday:
Turkey Burger
Turkey Burger with Lettuce Buns

Oh yeah, we took care of the bun issue.  We used leaves of romaine.  We usually put lettuce on our burgers anyway.  This recipe is from Dr. B's book and is so tasty.  Aidan even liked it this time.  I put a little bit of blue cheese dressing on top of mine with a slice of tomato fresh out of our garden.  YUM.

Wednesday:
Quiche
Bacon Cheeseburger Quiche

Yup, you've seen it before and you will see it again.  I think we've had this three or four weeks in a row now. This time we were starting to get tired of it, so you will not see it next week.  It will be in the mix again though in the future.  It's really easy to make and everyone loves it.  We just need a break after having it so much.

Thursday:
NO PICTURE
This was an interesting dinner.  I had made a fish chowder.  It looked good, but once it was done, it smelled too fishy for me.  Connor and Tim ate it and liked it.  Aidan and I opted to make "milkshakes" (protein shakes) and that is what we had for dinner.  Tim enjoyed a very large serving of leftovers the next day.  =)

Friday:
Local kielbasa with onions and peppers
Kielbasa with onions and peppers

Oh my, this was a tasty treat.  I found local kielbasa in our Wegmans and was happy to see it had no extra fillers like other kielbasas.  We fried that up with some peppers out of our garden and an onion.   No one even mentioned that it was pizza night.  We all snuggled on the couch and watched Wall-E and enjoyed our meal.

Saturday:
NO PICTURE
I am trying really hard to remember what we had for dinner on Saturday.  I can't remember.  I can't even really remember what we did.  I know this is the day that I started to come down with my cold.  I got the food shopping done in the afternoon (mental note...don't go to Wegmans on Saturday afternoon).  I came home and felt like crap.  Tim probably made dinner.  Oh yeah...now I remember.  We roasted one our pumpkins that we picked out of our garden.  Tim roasted it for an hour.  He then let it cool.  He made all of us pumpkin pie milkshakes.  It was a scoop of protein powder in a half cup of cream, half cup of water, 1/2 cup of pumpkin, a sprinkle of pumpkin pie spice and a packet of stevia.  It tasted exactly like pumpkin pie.  It was a treat.  The kids loved it.  It's even better because pumpkin has a lot of vitamins and minerals in it and Aidan sucked it down.  Pumpkin is a little high in carbs, but Connor is allowed up to 12 carbs at dinner.  He rarely eats that many at dinner, unless there are brussel sprouts involved.  We all mentioned how it reminded us of Dairy Queen's Pumpkin Pie Blizzard.  At least this one was good for us.

Ok

No comments:

Post a Comment