Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Day Seventy-three--Chana Masala

I know, I know. I've been slacking, not lazy, just slacking. We made a spur of the moment decision to drive over to NY Sunday afternoon. It was mostly because we couldn't figure out what to have for dinner and Tim's mom had called earlier and invited us over for a bbq over there. We spent the afternoon outside in the little blowup pool in the backyard and then we debated about what we wanted to have for the 4th. Nobody wanted to venture to the store and deal with the holiday crowds so at 4:3o we just piled everyone into the car and drove three hours.

We had some pretty amazing food waiting for us though. I wish I had thought to take a picture but honestly, we were so hungry that taking a picture was an afterthought. For food we had steamed clams (in a wine sauce), burgers, hot dogs, sweet potato salad, coleslaw, pasta salad, a corn salad, cider baked beans, and I'm pretty sure there was other stuff too. It was delicious. It was washed down with some of Ed's home brew. The beer was pretty good too. It was all enjoyed on the back deck and thankfully the temps had cooled from the 99 it was when we were out in the yard.

We came home Monday afternoon and because I still hadn't been food shopping and we were tired (and slightly lazy) we stopped at Wegmans and picked up subs for dinner. Tuesday night we were back on track. I had some chick peas in the cupboard so I made some channa masala. I made it in the afternoon so when Tim got home I could run and do food shopping before he left for aikido.
Chana Masala
Chana Masala

This is a favorite go-to dinner for us. It's easy to make and it's full of flavor. If I'm careful with how much red pepper flakes I put in it then Aidan will eat it too. We ate this on top of brown rice and there was enough left over for Tim to take a big container of it to work with him and I have a container for my lunch too. Yay.

The rest of the week should be good. I'm kind of excited for tonight's dinner. I'm trying something new and I hope it works out. We're moving our pizza night up one night because Friday night we head to NY again for the weekend. I'll be sure to take pictures this time. =) Until later, stay cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment